Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cherry Pie Cups


These cups are so adorable and delicious. My son loved them because he got to eat his own little pie. I was going through my refrigerator getting rid of leftovers and all the yucky gunk left from Thanksgiving, when I realized I had 2 boxes of pie crusts left. I decided to use one to make chicken pot pie later in the week. (watch for the recipe) The other box contained only one crust, leftover from turkey day. I came up with a cute idea to make little pies in my cupcake tin! Brilliant and ingenious. I am sure someone has already thought of these cute little pies before me, but I was convinced for a brief moment that I was a genuis.

Cherry Pie Cups

1 refrigerated pie crust
1 can cherry pie filling, or filling of choice
cooking spray
granulated sugar

Preheat oven as directed on pie crust box.
Unroll pie crust onto cutting board.
Cut 6, 4" rounds from pie crust. ( I used the lid from a can of cashews and a pizza cutter, works fantastico!!)
Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray.
Press dough rounds into muffin cups, edges will be fluted.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of pie filling into each cup.
Eat extra pie filling with a spoon, and feel no shame!
Sprinkle edges of dough with sugar.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
Let stand for 10 minutes, loosen edges with a butter knife and remove from muffin tins.

These are better than regular cherry pie. I don't know if it is the whimsy of eating a tiny little pie that is portioned just for me, or just the fact that I love cherry pie filling, but these are magnificient. I plan on making these at Christmas, but I thought I would try a few different varieties of pie filling and serve them on a tray together. Yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! They make such cute little personal desserts!

    ReplyDelete