Thursday, December 4, 2008

Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo


I love Alfredo, and my husband loves it even more. All that creamy cheesy goodness....yummy!! We have tried every kind of jarred Alfredo sauce on the market, but none of them even came close to the real thing. I always thought Alfredo sauce would be a complicated drawn out process. I used to be incredibly afraid of any kind of sauce. (I burnt a bechamel sauce one time, and ever since have been traumatized.)Needless to say, my sister found this great super simple recipe for Alfredo sauce.

This sauce is so easy, you will never need another white sauce again. It is easily adaptable to fit any recipe that calls for a white sauce. I have since used it for Alfredo pasta, white pizza and lasagna. Watch for recipes to come that will use this sauce. I am not positive of the origin, but I will include a note to as where my sister found this, at a later time.

So no one ever said Alfredo had to be low fat, and this recipe is deffinitly not in that category. I am not even going to try and guess what the calorie or fat content would be per serving, especially since I usually eat two bowls. Everything in moderation is key!


Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

olive oil
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 stick butter or margarine
3-4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
1 head of broccoli, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
1 pound pasta, such as penne
1 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste


Heat oil in a skillet and brown chicken pieces.
Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
Meanwhile boil pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli and boil for the last five minutes of pasta cooking time. Drain.
In a small sauce pan, melt stick of butter.
Add Parmesan cheese and heavy cream, stirring until smooth.
Toss with pasta, broccoli and chicken.
Eat alot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment